Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Devils Lake Speedway Logo

Greetings! It has been a long time since I've posted anything here, and I have a lot going on right now, but this is just a quick update that Vintage 66 Graphics is now officially Wiles Side Graphics. So, welcome, and thank you for stopping by to take a walk on the Wiles Side.

And now, without further ado: 


Just finished this up a little while ago. It’s a sample design, so the racetrack doesn’t actually exist. However, there is a Devils Lake, which is located in Lincoln City, Oregon, right on the coast, and there was actually a racetrack nearby in about 1953*, I believe. I don’t recall the name, and it only lasted one summer, mainly because by the time the promoter took his cut of the proceeds, the racers were only getting about $20, and that was for the winners. Anyway, I was intrigued by the story, and that is what inspired this design.


*I know it says 1963 on the logo. When I started this I envisioned a 50 year anniversary project. Someday I might update it.

No comments: