Monday, July 25, 2011

Oregon Coast Watercolor:Twin Rocks

I just finished up this watercolor painting , which I am sending to my niece who is having a birthday later this week. She doesn't read this blog (at least I hope not) so it's not like I'm letting the cat out of the bag, and if you know her, don't tell her. Now she's living in Texas, so I chose Twin Rocks because of a childhood connection, oh and I should point out that she's only 6 years younger then me, so there isn't a huge age difference. My sister used to have a beach cabin on the Oregon Coast in Rockaway, which is just a stone's throw from the town of Twin Rocks. It was named for the two rocks (actually called sea stacks), although they really don't look like twins, more like a dragon or sea serpent, actually. Anyway, it seems like we spent quite a bit of time there when we were kids, especially in the summers, and this is one of my favorite views, and hopefully one of her's, too, so I thought I would send her a "little piece of home".

Twin Rocks looking south from Rockaway, Oregon.

2 comments:

Be Creative Books said...

Beautiful seascape, congrats Robert!

Robert said...

Thanks Eugeino, this is one of my favorite spots. You must have a beautiful coastline in your area, right?