Saturday, April 21, 2012

New Business Name Part II

Many years ago I started a sketch blog, and as part of the collateral material I created for it, I came up with a crazy pencil character. The original pencil-guy was actually farting, but I've pulled the fart out, not because I've suddenly become soft and delicate, but design-wise it just wasn't happening. At some point, however, I may do a new version featuring the fart in all of its resplendent glory, so we'll just have to see.

Anyway, since I've started doing business under my own name now, instead of Vintage 66 Graphics (although a complete change over will take some time), I pulled this guy out of mothballs, mainly because I wanted an example of the slightly different style direction I plan to go. Certainly, I will still use all the cool retro and vintage elements that I have been using for the past 5 years, but this style will have more of a bold and edgy feel, a more pronounced punk rock feel. I think that somewhere along the line I began trying to recreate the Mid-century rather than just use it as an influence. So now I'm back on the right path with the best yet to come, and I'm glad to have you along for the ride.

Cheers!
Robert

The Crazy Art Dork Pencil; an old character revisited.

No comments: